Planning for Retirement
The world of pensions has changed incredibly over the last couple of years to make them more attractive to people as savings vehicles. In April 2015, Pensions Freedoms came into force which effectively allows you access to 100% of your pension savings that are held in a money purchase pension arrangement however that doesnt mean its the best option or tax efficient to access your pension in this way.
However, what that has meant is that the pension landscape has changed incredibly and people are contributing more to pensions towards their retirement goals. There are many things to consider when you are thinking about your pension planning:
- Will my pensions provide enough for me to live on in retirement?
- What pensions have I got? Have I got lots of little pots that I dont know much about?
- Is a pension the right vehicle for me?
- What state pension will I be entitled to? How do the new state pension rules affect me?
- Is there anywhere else I can get an instant 20% return on my money in the form of tx relief?
- Am I maximising my workplace scheme and what my employer will offer me?
- Can my children have a pension and start their saving early?
- What happens to my pension when I die?
With the flexibility of pensions improving, people are more interested in utilising them as a savings vehicle towards their financial future. If you have pensions all over the place or are just starting out on your Planning journey, why not speak to one of our advisers today and ensure you are on track to the future you want.
Call KBA on 01942 889883.
It's important to plan ahead for your retirement. Here, we explain why pension planning is so important, and describe some of the options available to you. This information is intended only as guidance. For advice on your specific circumstances, please get in touch.